- Open MS Word 2013.
- Click the File tab and then click Open.
- Locate the PDF file you wish to edit and double-click the file name to open it.
- Make the desired changes.
- Click File tab, and then click Save.
- Do ONE of the following:
- If you want to save the PDF file as a Word file, click Save.
- If you want to re-save the file as a .PDF, change the Save as type to PDF. Change the file name, or change the location.
- Click Save.
If you don't want anyone to be able to edit your file, save it as an XPS Document instead of a .PDF. This option is available beginning with Word 2007 and newer.