- If you can't find an application, from the Start Tile screen, just start typing what you want. The Search bar appears on the right side of the screen with items matching your search request. Click on the appropriate item.
- To close a window do ONE of the following:
- If you have a touch screen, drag your finger from the top of the window to the bottom of the window. You should see the window get smaller and then disappear.
- If you don't have a touch screen, place your mouse pointer at the top of the window (it will change to a hand icon). Drag the mouse from the top to the bottom of the screen and release the mouse. You should see the window get smaller and then disappear.
- To view your Desktop from the Start Tile screen, press the Windows key + the letter d (on your keyboard). To return to the tiles screen, press the Windows key (on the Taskbar or keyboard)
- To jump between all OPEN programs, hold ALT key and press TAB. Keep pressing the TAB key while still holding ALT to choose a different program. When you release the ALT key, the program you selected displays. NOTE: This also works in earlier operating systems.
- To shut down your computer:
- Press Windows key + c
- Click Settings.
- Click Power.
- Click Shut Down.
Use this SHORTCUT: Windows key + X, press U, press U.