Keyboard shortcuts save you time – no need to use your mouse!
To use the following key combinations, press and hold the Control key on your keyboard while you press the letter key & then release all keys immediately. Do not hold down the letter key.
5 Microsoft Windows Shortcuts:
- Ctrl+a – selects all
- Ctrl+c – copies what you have selected
- Ctrl+v – pastes what you have copied
- Ctrl+p – opens the printer window
- Ctrl+s – saves your changes
10 Microsoft Word & Excel Shortcuts:
- Ctrl+n - creates a new document or workbook
- Ctrl+Home (key) - moves the cursor/cell selection to the the beginning of the document or spreadsheet
- Ctrl+End (key) - moves the cursor/cell selection to the end of the document or spreadsheet
- Ctrl+f - opens the Find window to find data within the document or spreadsheet
- F7 (function key) - opens Spell Check
- Ctrl+e - centers the selected paragraph (Word only)
- Ctrl+enter (key)- creates a page break (Word only)
- Shift+enter (key)- moves cursor to next line without creating a new paragraph (Word only)
- Ctrl+; (semi-colon) - inserts today's date (Excel only)
- Ctrl+1 (number one) - opens the Format Cells window in Excel; changes line spacing of selection to single spacing in Word.