If you’ve downloaded pictures to your computer or you have other files that you want to rename, you can quickly rename the files so that each file has the same name with a consecutive number following the name. For example you could rename all your vacation pictures as “Disney World 2012 (1)”, “Disney World 2012 (2)”, etc.
- Locate all the files that you want to rename. (Do not open them.)
- Select all the files to rename.
- If the files are in consecutive order, click the first file, hold the SHIFT key down while clicking your mouse on the last file.
- If the files are not consecutive, click the first file and then press and hold the CTRL key while you select each of the remaining files.
- While the files are selected, right-click your mouse on the first file.
- Click RENAME.
- Type a name for the files, for example: Disney World 2012.
- Press the ENTER key.
- You're finished! Each file should have the same initial name with a sequential number in parentheses.