Back in August 2015 I did a Helpful Hint on how to shade the subtotal rows, all at the same time, but I recently was asked if you could take only the subtotal rows, copy/paste them elsewhere. Yes you can, using the same technique.
1. Once you’ve applied subtotals, click on the “2” to view only the subtotals.
2. Click in a cell containing a subtotal.
3. Press Ctrl+a to select all.
4. Press Alt+: (colon) to only select the subtotals and not the supporting data rows.
5. Press Ctrl+c to copy the subtotal rows.
6. Go to where you want to place the subtotals, click in the first cell.
7. Press Ctrl+v to paste the subtotal rows!