For example, if you have just downloaded a new program OR your computer automatically downloaded updates and now your computer isn’t working properly, you can use “System Restore” to restore your computer back to the way it was BEFORE the updates.
“System Restore” is available in Windows XP, Vista, and 7.
Follow the steps below to run System Restore:
- Locate System Restore on your computer.
- In Windows XP or VISTA- Click START > ALL PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > SYSTEM TOOLS > SYSTEM RESTORE.
- In Windows 7 - Click START and then Type "SYSTEM RESTORE" in the search box. Click SYSTEM RESTORE.
- The SYSTEM RESTORE wizard opens.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard.
- Allow ample time for your computer to restore to a previous restore point.
- If restoring your computer to a previous point in time does not resolve your computer problem, you can reverse the system restore back to the current settings.
- System Restore does not affect your personal files or email.